- LLTC Student Services offers GED testing beginning at 9 a.m. in Mitigominzh Wigamig (Oak Hall), in Mooz Room 100 and Ogaa Room 109.
- The Ojibwemowin Study Group meets at 12 noon in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig (Cedar Hall), in the Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204.
Mille Lacs was brought up during a contentious meeting of the Garrison, Kathio, West Mille Lacs Lake [GKWMLL] Sanitary District: http://www.messagemedia.co/aitkin/news/government_meetings/article_084cf806-22ce-11e2-ab03-0019bb30f31a.html
Quillwork artist Juanita Blackhawk (White Earth) is highlighted in this Morrison County Record feature: http://mcrecord.com/archives/519611/motley-woman-preserves-her-heritage-through-quill-work/
Artist Juanita Blackhawk and her quillwork on birch bark (Pictures by Tina Snell for the Morrison County Record, published 1 November 2012)Anishinaabe citizens are being targeted by Get Out the Vote events happening around the state: http://www.theuptake.org/2012/11/01/voting-this-election-can-be-a-complicated-matter-for-native-americans/
Northern Michigan University's Beaumier Upper Peninsula Heritage Center's Coffee House Series features musician Bobby Bullet (Lac du Flambeau) this Saturday: http://www.thenorthwindonline.com/?p=3865822
Dr. Patty Loew (Bad River) will speak at the Wabeno, Wisconsin, Elementary School auditorium on Friday, November 16, at 10 a.m.: http://wvlsdigitallites.blogspot.com/2012/11/bad-river-ojibwe-with-patty-loew.html
FirstVoices Chat is helping to keep Indigenous languages like Anishinaabemowin vital with its iPhone app: http://cupwire.ca/articles/53591
The new Spirit Sands Casino in Carberry, Manitoba, will be managed by Minnesota-based Hemisphere Gaming: http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/minnesota-firm-with-solid-track-record-to-oversee-new-manitoba-casino-project-1.1020321
The blog Anishaabe People in Canada: Social Policy Reflections has lots of great political analysis and cites some helpful resources: http://nishswrk1006.blogspot.com
Anishnaube inini Oz Muskratt's blog showcases his journey to eat a traditional Ojibway diet: http://livingthethirteenmoons.blogspot.com/2012/11/ojibway-stories-helping-to-define.html
Next Week @ LLTC:
- The University of North Dakota nursing program will be on campus Monday through Friday at 11 a.m. in Mitigominzh Wigamig (Oak Hall), in Migizi Room 110 and Mikinaak PC Lab 111.
- All students and employees are warmly invited to Monday Drum and Potluck happening at 12 noon in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig (Cedar Hall), in the Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204. Elaine Fleming's ANI 100 students will give a presentation on nationhood as part of Native American Heritage Month.
- TUESDAY IS ELECTION DAY. VOTE! For more information on how and where to vote, please visit MNVotes: http://mnvotes.org or the Minnesota Secretary of State's voter information site: http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=134
- LLTC welcomes Bug-O-Nay-Ge-Shig high school students Tuesday, beginning at 9 a.m. in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig's Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204.
- Agwajiing Wedaminod Outdoor Recreation Club meets Tuesday at 12 noon.
- The Parents' Study Support Group meets Tuesday and Thursday from 4-6 p.m. in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig's Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204.
- Dance yourself into shape at the fun and free Zumba sessions led by our very own Community Education coordinator Amy Erickson on Tuesday and Thursday from 4:15-5:15 p.m. in the Cass Lake-Bena Elementary School gymnasium.
- Community Education offers a collage art class Tuesday and Aabitoose from 5-8 p.m. in Wiigwaasi Wigamig (Birch Building). For more information and to register, please call 218-335-4244.
- Student Senate meets Aabitoose (Wednesday) at 12 noon in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig's Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204.
- Great River Pizzeria sells pizza-by-the-slice Aabitoose at 12 noon in Mitigominzh Wigamig, by the reception desk. ($2.50 for a delicious 1-topping slice!)
- The Learning Center offers a Native American Heritage Month-themed lunch-and-learn session on Thursday at 12 noon in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig's Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204.
- AIBL meets Thursday at 12:30 p.m. in Ogaa Room 109.
- The Ojibwemowin Study Group meets Friday at 12 noon in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig's Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204.
- Employees needing financial advice on their 403(b) plans are invited to consult with financial planner Dan Uebel who will be on campus Friday from 1-4 p.m. in Mitigominzh Wigamig's Conference Room 102.