Noongom @ LLTC:
- William Mitchell College of Law students offer a free public legal clinic noongom (today) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig (Cedar Hall), in the Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204.
- The talking circle facilitated by Nancy Kingbird happens at 12 noon in Mitigominzh Wigamig's Abinoojinyag Room 113.
- Student Senate meets at 12 noon in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig's Benny Tonce Memorial Drum Room 204. The "LLTC Shake" will debut.
- AIBL meets at 12:30 p.m. in Mitigomizh Wigamig's Giniw Room 107.
- First responders' training is scheduled for noongom and Niiyo-giizhigad at 4:30 p.m. in Giizhiikaandag Wigamig's Mazinibii'igewin Art Room 215.
More on the work of environmental advocate Winona LaDuke (White Earth): http://www.mnn.com/leaderboard/stories/why-winona-laduke-is-fighting-for-food-sovereignty
Audrey Lynn (Paquette) Swan (White Earth) is remembered in this Bemidji Pioneer obituary: http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/content/audrey-lynn-swan-paquette and this David Donehower Funeral Home obituary: http://www.daviddonehower.com/obituary/Audrey-Lynn-Swan/Ponsford-MN/1185066
- "Assembly to Vote on Mining Reform" (Badger Herald) http://badgerherald.com/news/2013/03/05/assembly_to_vote_on_.php
- "Lax Mining Rules Put State at Risk" (Badger Herald) http://badgerherald.com/oped/2013/03/05/lax_mining_rules_put.php
- "Mining Debate Is Far from Over" (BizTimes) http://www.biztimes.com/article/20130304/MAGAZINE03/302289983/-1/marketing_enews/Mining-debate-is-far-from-over
- "Other Views: Process of Writing Mining Law Flawed" (Manitowoc Herald Times Review) http://www.htrnews.com/article/20130305/MAN0601/303050139/Other-views-Process-writing-mining-law-flawed
- "Support of Mining Bill Criticized" (Beaver Dam Daily Citizen) http://www.wiscnews.com/bdc/news/opinion/article_642164f8-855e-11e2-9fbb-0019bb2963f4.html
- "Wisconsin Legislators Push for Easier Iron Ore-Mine Permits" (FOX Business) http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2203300141001/
The 8th annual Gathering at the Rapids Powwow happened this past weekend in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario: http://www.saultthisweek.com/2013/03/05/first-nations-chiefs-expect-their-peoples-to-mobilize
Ashininabek Employment and Training Services' Mining Essentials program trains Anishinaabeg in mining labor skills: http://www.northernontariobusiness.com/Industry-News/mining/2013/03/Aboriginal-mining-training-program-provides-skill,-confidence.aspx